Tuesday 14 May 2013

Liebster award!

Guess what, I've been nominated for the Liebster award! I would first like to thank the lovely Valeriya for nominating me :) (check her out, her blog's gorgeous!) 


The idea of this award is that you nominate 11 people , they then ask you 11 questions which you answer, as well as adding 11 facts about yourself. Next  you do the same for 11 other bloggers, asking them 11 of your own questions, get it?

So,without further-a-do, lets get onto the questions Valeriya asked me :)

1. What's your favourite colour of lipstick?
I would have to say red, I do love a bold lip! I find a slick of red lipstick can really make an otherwise plain outfit, and totally boost my confidence. I really want to purchase Mac Ruby woo, but my favourite is the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in the first shade. 

2.Why did you start a blog?
One of my favourite things to do is read blogs, and I had done for quite a while before starting my own, I wanted to be able to comment on posts I loved and generally get involved in Blogging. I'm also a total fashion and beauty addict, so I thought starting a blog would be the perfect way to share that with other like minded people :) I also love English and writing so that's another bonus for me!

3.Which place would you like to visit?
This is such a hard question for me, because one of the things I really want to do in life is travel! I think at the moment I would have to say its between America, specifically New York, or Paris. A bit of a cliche, but I would really love to visit both places :)

4.What is your favourite genre of music?
I think I would have to say `pop`, even though that really makes me cringe! I love artists like Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Taylor Swift and Nina Nesbitt. I wouldn't say that I have the most mainstream music taste, I wont like a song just because it in the charts or everyone else like it anyway, but I'm really hypocritical; I'll really hate a song one day, and then I wont stop singing it the next!

 5. How often do you use hair straighteners, curlers, etc.?
Honestly? practically everyday. It sounds bad, but I have to blow dry my hair after I wash it because a) It takes forever to dry and b) it looks really awful if I don't  I also have to whip out the old curling wand as naturally I just have awkward flicks for hair. But don't worry, I use all the heat protection sprays I need ;)

6. What kind of a camera do you use?
I use my mums camera, which is the Nikon coolpix P100, not really sure what else to say!

7. What phone do you use?
I use a HTC Desire HD, which I love. I would defo recommend it if you don't want an Iphone :)

8. Your favourite magazine to read?
It was Shout, but I have recently been buying Company a lot more, which I really like.

9. List 5 of your favourite blogs to read.
This is really hard to pick just five, but I think I'm going to say; 
Sprinkle of glitter (I've actually had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Louise)
Cider with Rosie
Velvet ghost
What rebecca rose knows
Flutter and sparkle

10. Which high-end brand would you like to try?
This is a really good question for me, because I'm defo a `drugstore` girl! I really want to try out some Nars products, particularly the Lagoona bronzer and their eye shadow duos, let me know if you've try these!

11. Which place do you shop at the most?
I don't really shop in one place in particular, but I would say my main places are H&M, Primark and Topshop!

11 facts about me: 
1. I'm am currently taking my GCSE's, and am studding English language, literature, humanities, math, science, french, drama, history and textiles.

2. I have a bit of an addiction to organising ; all my nail polishes are sorted by brand, then colour, my make up all has a specific place, and I actually don't mind tiding my room!

3. Watching YouTube video's is one of my favourite things to do.

4. I'm not really sure what I want to do career wise, put I'm thinking maybe something to do with people, retail or media.

5. I once fainted at a swimming pool, wearing only a towel *awkward experience*

6. I really want two sausage dogs, their adorable.

7. I love Audrey Hepburn, I just think she is style and elegance personified.

8. I think rudeness is one of the worst traits a person can have.

9. I made one of my best friends by tapping them on the shoulder in the playground at our primary school on the first day and saying, "do you want to be best friends with me?" and we have been ever since. If only everything in life was that easy!

10.I do a paper round every Thursday,( even all that snow and ice didn't stop me!) and for my work experience soon I'm going to be working in Tea monkey, I'm really dreading dropping something!

 11.My nickname is `Alleybongo`, not really sure why, it just stuck!

My nominated Bloggers/blogs:
1.http://how-to-smell-the-couture.blogspot.co.uk
2.http://bowsandbrushes.blogspot.co.uk
3.http://www.beautybaroness.co.uk
4.http://makemeupkia.blogspot.co.uk
5.http://daintysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk
6.http://teenagedaydreams.blogspot.co.uk
7.http://tawnyfawns.blogspot.co.uk
8.http://victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk
9.http://whatrebeccaroseknows.blogspot.co.uk
10.http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk
11.http://ditsysprinkles.blogspot.co.uk

My questions:
1. Describe your style in one word.
2.What do you consider your greatest achievement?
3. Whats your favourite kind of blog post to read?
4. What's your favourite colour?
5. Phone or computer?
6.Jeans and converse or dress and heels?
7.Whats one beauty Item you couldn't live without?
8. Do you have a favourite memory?
9. Who is your inspiration?
10. When did you get into make up?
11. If you had one wish what would you wish for?

There you go! Thanks again to Valeriya for nominating me, I hope the people I've nominated have fun with this :)

Alice
x


10 comments:

  1. Nice post! I'd really want to try the Nars products as well :) xx

    http://valeriyatalks.blogspot.ae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shall we follow ? let me know XSE
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Alice you're too sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow thank you so much for nominating me!! im confused, what do I do? hahaha :P xx

    Alex xx
    bowsandbrushes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! + basically you answer the 11 questions I asked you, then write 11 facts about yourself, nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 of your own questions, hope that clears it up! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...